NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING DRAFT PERMANENT LOCAL HOUSING ALLOCATION (PLHA) PROGRAM APPLICATION INCLUDING FIVE-YEAR PLAN
Notice is hereby given that the City of La Habra will hold a public meeting to consider the Draft Permanent Local Housing Allocation (PLHA) Program Application including Five Year PLHA Plan.
DATE OF MEETING: Monday, June 15, 2020
TIME OF MEETING: 6:30 p.m.
LOCATION OF MEETING: City Council Chambers, 100 E. La Habra Blvd., La Habra, CA 90631
The purpose of this notice is to provide the public a 7-day review period beginning June 9, 2020 and ending June 15, 2020, to express their concerns and comments. All persons either favoring or opposing the PLHA Application including the Five-Year PLHA Plan are invited to present their views in writing or before the City Council.
During the 7-day review and comment period, electronic links to the Draft PLHA Application including the Five-Year Plan are available on City of La Habra’s website (link above), in person during regular business hours at Community Development Department located at 110 E. La Habra Blvd., La Habra, CA 90631 and during regular business hours at La Habra Community Center located at 101 W. La Habra, Blvd., La Habra, CA 90631. Comments must be received by June 15, 2020, e-mailed to email@example.com or addressed and postmarked by June 15, 2020 to:
City of La Habra Housing Division
Attn: Miranda Cole-Corona
110 E. La Habra Blvd.
La Habra, CA 90605
About the Division
The Housing Division is responsible for overseeing and monitoring the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding it receives from the Department of Housing and Urban Development on an annual basis. The City of La Habra annually receives over $600,000 dollars in CDBG funding. The primary objective of the HUD CDBG Program is the development of viable communities by providing decent housing, a suitable living environment, and expanded economic opportunities primarily focused on low- and moderate-income persons and neighborhoods. The national objectives of the CDBG program were established to assist local communities with activities focused on:
- Eliminating slums and blight, preventing deterioration of property, providing needed neighborhood community facilities, provision of supportive services;
- Preserving and improving the supply of affordable housing through improvement of low- and moderate-income housing;
- Acquisition, design, construction, and installation of needed public facilities, improvements, and accessibility measures;
- Creation and retention of jobs for low- and moderate-income persons through the expansion of business opportunities and the provision of financial incentives to businesses.
The City currently funds the following organizations with CDBG funding:
- The Childrens Museum - Community Services Department, Museum Scholarship
- Youth Sports Grants - Community Services Department
- Fair Housing Foundation
- VCC: The Gary Center
- Senior Health & Wellness - Community Services Department
- Graffiti Removal Program – City Program – Community Services Department
- Community Resource Care Center (CRCC)
- Mercy House
Through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), the City of La Habra supports the Fair Housing Education, Counseling and Enforcement Program. Services are delivered by the Fair Housing Foundation. This organization is a nonpartisan organization that supports both landlords and tenants. The purpose of the program is to counteract and eliminate discriminatory housing practices. For more information about the program or services, please contact the Fair Housing Foundation directly at 714-918-8001. You may also visit their website.
The City also owns two mobile home parks, Park La Habra and View Park Mobile Estates. Park La Habra currently has 107 units. View Park has 142 units and a brand new playground. The parks are managed by Santiago Communities. Both parks have a manager on site. For information on availability of a space, rules and regulations, you may contact Park Manager Susan Mullens from Park La Habra at 562-697-7882 or Park Manager Esther Dickenson from View Park Mobile Estates at 562-691-2195. You may also contact Aimee Molsberry, President and Chief Operations Officer from Santiago Communities, at 714-744-4993.